Whitmore's – proud of our heritage
1890 - Business founded by T.G.Whitmore.
Originally a blacksmith and wheelwright.
1900 - Austin Whitmore, son of T.G.Whitmore, started milling home grown round logs.
1929 – 41ft Oak beam supplied for St. George's Chapel, Windsor and
William Mallinson & Son acquire all shares of Whitmores Timber Ltd.
1958 – Having been laying maturing for 8 years, Whitmore's supply Oak for The Old Bailey doors.
1972 – Whitmores Timbers site in Bury St Edmunds was bought by the Ministry of Transport, so the company relocated to its current site in Leicestershire.
1984 – Installation of a vacuum kilns.
1987 – Supply of timber for The Globe Theatre, London.
2000 - Whitmores Timber is acquired by Michael Smee.
2003 – Old mill closes.
2005 – Whitmores Timber opens new mill.